Monday, November 06, 2006

Gingerbread man.

The story was so cool about the gingerbread man. He was fast and uncatchable. He could taunt his pursuers as he skipped gaily between their fingers. Unfortunately in the real world I an the gingerbread man. Truth is he's very fragile. Every errant bend could result in fracture. Bending over to stretch before working can result in a deep fissure. Trying to hold the shards together with stomach and back muscles only works sometimes. So here I am. Another day off work because my back hurts too much to consider even walking around. I know I need a different job. Even the easy tasks are complicated by my fragility. I'm taking heat from home, she doesn't like seeing me in pain, even though she rubs it in my face every day I spend lying flat out on the living room floor, trying not to move. Took the night off, tomorrow will be trying to find a new job. Post haste. If it's spelled wrong, too bad. I'm drunk, on vicodin, and still it hurts to move....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home